FAQ – Frågor & svar
Frequently Asked Questions
- How can we include pictures in the application?
The pdf form is suitable for text, not for pictures. If pictures are essential for the application, the best way is to send them as attachments, preferably as separate pdf files.
- Should the character count include spaces?
Yes, every keystroke is counted, including the ”space” key.
- The call text states that ”The application must be prioritised and must be signed by the Vice-Chancellor or equivalent …..” What is meant by prioritised?
When the Vice-Chancellor/equivalent has signed the proposal is has been prioritised, meaning that the university/host organization will take responsibility for the project if it gets funded. We do not mean that the host organization should attempt to rank its own applications.
- Should the reference list be included in the section of scientific quality and its 15 000 characters?
Yes, it should.
- Can the postdoc be named in the application when/if a potential candidate with the required background has been identified?
Yes, that is no problem.
- Can we use the Full cost model?
You may use the full cost model. Indirect costs should be stated according to the practices of the grant administrating organization, i.e. the host organization of the postdoc position.
- Is it possible to divide the project funding so that the postdoc would be on the payroll of a Finnish organization for one year and on the payroll of a Swedish organization for the other year?
No, the host organization is responsible for the payroll of the postdoc. The host organization may be in Finland or in Sweden.
- Is it possible to have more than one partner from Finland and Sweden?
Yes, it is possible to have more than one partner from Finland and Sweden. It is, however, important to note that there is one host organisation only, and a co-partner in the other country. The postdoc should be employed by the host organisation.
- Can a university submit more than one application?
Yes, that is possible.
- Can we apply for more than one postdoc in the same proposal?
No, there should be one application for each postdoc.
- The application should be signed by the Vice-Chancellor or equivalent at the seat of the university. Can the Dean of a faculty sign the application?
Yes, the application can also be signed by a Dean of the faculty.