Forest Raw Materials from a Customer Perspective
Forest industry products are constantly evolving. Market demands, along with research and development, impel brand new products and new features to existing products such as paper, packaging and sawn timber.
In order to assess the customer perspective and market demands, The Royal Swedish Academy of Agriculture and Forestry (KSLA) and The Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences (IVA) have invited existing and potential forest industry customers to a discussion on the use of forest raw materials in different products of their making. What is the customer view on:
- the use of forest raw material in comparison to other materials,
- demands on product features and functions when choosing the raw material,
- what it takes to substitute other raw materials with forest raw material,
- the potential and capacity to increase the use of forest raw material, and
- Swedish forest raw material compared to forest raw material from other parts of the world?
More information and programme in pdf above.